Wednesday 14 July 2010

Deadline set

Well, I suppose I feel like a 'proper writer' now. I have just had my first (and second) deadline set for me to work to. That's something new (ish).

Cruel... And Unusual (working title) is a sequel of sorts, but a stand-alone story in its own right, and has the deadline of the beginning of November with Fire & Ice (working title) to follow in the New Year. It's not quite so demanding as it sounds, though, Cruel... is a good way through already, with the middle and end already mapped out. Fire & Ice is also well on its way, with a third of it completed.

Fire & Ice is not a Werewolf-based novel, but based on the Goddess - Maiden, Mother and Hag and her power within each form. I started writing that for a competition - Richard & Judy - and I sent it off but it got lost in the post (typical hey?). My husband was all for printing another copy and delivering it to London for the next day but I decided that it had been lost for a reason and left it.

Browsing through my laptop the other evening and I found another Werewolf story that I had started ages ago and forgotten. I began reading it and realised where I had been going with that one too. I had written 15,000 words on it.

I also have another story, not-Werewolf, called Verdigris but that is not very far in.

I'm sure there's another one lurking on one of my computers, I seem to recall starting from a familiar place - the viaduct - which appears in Deadlier...

That's all for the moment. As ever, I'll keep jotting down notes on here to keep you updated on how Deadlier... is progressing. The cover should be with us by the beginning of August. I can't wait to see that!

Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment